Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our weekend

 On Saturday I got off work at 5pm, so Kevin and I went to the movies. We were going to see the new Transformers movie, but then realized that neither of us have seen the 2nd Transformers movie, so instead we saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. They're looking for the Fountain of Youth, which happens to be in St. Augustine, FL! And YES part of the movie was filmed in St. Augustine, although we didn't exactly recognize anything specific except palm trees and the beach. However we enjoyed the movie.

Tonight our Church had a special worship service on the beach, which included baptisms too!! Kevin and I got baptized!! I was baptized as an infant, and Kevin was baptized in 2001. For a while we've been wanting to be baptized together, since we've been married. Tonight was the night!!  *side note: the water was a little nippy*


The first 3 pictures were taken on a cell phone, by my friend Bethany.
This is me getting baptized. Kevin is standing all the way to the right.



These were taken with my camera.
This is me getting baptized.

This is Kevin getting baptized

 Shortly after all the beach baptisms.

One of the members of our Church is a professional photographer.
He was taking pictures of the baptisms. Here we are:


"My chains are gone, I've been set free..."


Thank you God for holding off the thunderstorm until after the baptisms at the beach!


This is the outfit I wore when I was baptized as an infant.



3 teens from the youth group at our Church
sang this song during communion this morning.
I love this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment