Thursday, October 20, 2011

Daydreaming


Ever heard the song "Far Away" by Carole King???


Tonight I made the mistake to watch re-runs of "Surprise Homecomings" - when those who are serving our country come home from deployment, don't tell their families and SURPRISE!!!!  Yeah, my eyes filled up with tears, and some ran down my cheeks. I long for the day Kevin comes home from deployment. I tend to daydream about it often. It always brings a smile to my face, thinking about waiting on the pier as the sailors get off the ship, then eventually being reunited with him!!! Giving him a big hug & kiss, and (most likely) happy tears!!! Everyday that passes is one day closer to being reunited with Kevin!!!! If you're reading this, you probably think I'm nuts for thinking about this already, but if it's what gets me through the days, then why not? Please continue to pray for ALL of our military men and women serving our country and for them to return safely to their families. Here is one of my favorite mixes of surprise homecomings (you can find many more on youtube),  warning: *keep the tissues handy*




“May the LORD keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other" - Genesis 31:49

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful thing to daydream about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right....tissues were necessary!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete