Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday Festivities

On my Birthday - Cinco de Mayo - Melissa and I went to St. Augustine. We ate lunch at The Floridian, then went to the Spanish Quarters Museum, the Greek Orthodox Church, and the St. Augustine Catholic Church. Pretty neat stuff!! Then we headed back to my place, changed and headed to Buca di Beppo for my Birthday dinner. There we met up with another woman from our church, Gennell. Since it was Cinco de Mayo, there was hardly anyone there. The 3 of us had a delicious dinner. We didn't save any room for dessert, however the waiters and waitresses still sang Happy Birthday to me! They also signed a birthday card for me. Here I am holding it, with their birthday candles.


Then I opened my birthday gifts. I got a gift card to Charming Charlie, which is a jewelry store, a lavender purse and a Mercy Me cd. Buca di Beppo is in the same shopping center as the mall, where Charming Charlie's is, so guess what the 3 of us did after dinner? That's right, we went shopping!! I spent my gift card on a ring and some bracelets. Here's the 3 of us at Charming Charlie's:

left to right: Gennell, Me & Melissa


Afterwards Melissa and I headed to the Town Center Mall for some more shopping & walking around. There was also a Cinco de Mayo party going on too. On our way back to the car, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and got slices of cheesecake to take home with us. I got fresh banana cream cheesecake and Melissa got key lime cheesecake. When we got back to my place, Melissa made me sit in the dining room, and then she brought out a little birthday cake.



I had a good birthday!! :) 

2 comments: