Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So far this week

     Monday night Melissa and I went to Lowes with people from Habitat for Humanity, to improve our construction site skills. We even got free stuff for participating!! We got a hat, a tool belt, and a 10 piece home decor multi-tool.
      This week is National Women Build Week. So today Melissa and I participated in a Women's Build Day from 8am-3pm. Action News came and interviewed some people and filmed us working. I didn't get interviewed, which is ok, but I might be in other clips that the camera man took. I was hammering all day. I did sub-flooring....nailed & glued in the floor for the 2nd story and also put up walls for the 2nd floor as well. A very productive day. Thankfully there was a nice breeze for most of the day, until early afternoon, then it was just hot. Lunch was provided for us and we also got a goodie bag!!! That's right, more free stuff!! :)  Today we got a Habitat for Humanity visor, red t-shirt, tool belt, water bottle, chap stick, and a bumper sticker. Whoooo hooooo!!!! I also received a free injury too. Well since I was hammering, I accidentally hit my thumbnail with the hammer. It's nice and blue.


Yesterday morning I had Bible Study. We talked about restless souls. It's funny the first word in the lesson this week was homesickness. I definitely feel homesick some days. "Our souls are restless with a longing to see God."  Psalm 63:1  "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you. in a dry and weary land where there is no water." 


Wishing Kevin was here to celebrate my Birthday with me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment