Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shrimp Festival

Yesterday Melissa and I went to the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach. I got to drive my car onto the Ferry for the very first time. The Ferry ride was short, not even 5 minutes, so we stayed in the car, and that was a little weird, sitting in my car on a ferry. The rest of the drive was nice. We did a park and ride, so a school bus came to pick us up and took us to the festival. When we got off the bus, we were greeted by 2 pirates, then we made our way to the food. I had fried shrimp and coconut shrimp, yummy!!! There were also lots of craft venders. The weather was pretty warm too.

Sunday May 1st 2011
Today Melissa and I went to Church, went to Singleton's Seafood Shack for lunch, put a few more things in her storage container, then headed to the beach. It was a great beach day!! The water was a nice temperature and for a little bit, I almost felt like I was on vacation. I hope I'm giving you all some motivation, so you'll come and visit me!! hehe!! :) 


This Thursday, Cinco de Mayo, is my Birthday. I'm not as excited about it as I normally would be. My guess is because all my family is up north and my hubby is out to sea. However I am looking forward to going out to dinner on my Birthday, with friends!! We're going to Bucca di Beppo!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to go to Bucca di Beppo too!!! Have lots of fun!! We'll celebrate when you come to DE.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete