Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I must admit I was getting really tired of hearing all the talk before the wedding "The big question is what designer's dress will she be wearing?" How about you stop worrying about that, and just let them get married, and we'll all find out all the details on their big day!!

This morning Melissa and I woke up at 3:30AM to watch the Royal Wedding. Well we soon found out that the ceremony wasn't going to start until 6AM, so we watched some pre-wedding footage, then decided to go to Krispy Kreme and get some doughnuts. Luckily Krispy Kreme is open 24 hours. This was my 1st time having a Krispy Kreme doughnut fresh out of the oven. They're delicious!! By the time we got back, it was almost 5AM. So we continued watching the news reporters fill us in on what to expect. I thought it was funny that people were having Royal Wedding viewing parties, some in bars, some in houses. One we saw in FL were women dressed in their nightgowns and tiara's. It was pretty funny. Before we knew it, the ceremony began. The wedding was beautiful!! I must say, I don't know how Prince Charles and Kate got through the wedding without smiling. I know I would not have been able to do that!! I liked seeing all different the hats the women were wearing. After the ceremony, while we were waiting for the bride and groom to stand on the balcony and kiss, Melissa and I fell asleep for a little bit, haha!! We were tired!!! Luckily Melissa woke up right as they were standing on the balcony. After we saw the kiss, we went back to bed.

I think it's funny how some people on facebook are saying they're disappointed with Prince William & Kate's kisses. Well, they're not about to have a big make out session in front of millions of people!!! I'm glad their kisses were better than Prince Charles and Princess Diana's quick peck.

2 comments:

  1. Christine,
    You must have been tired when you wrote this entry....Prince Charles and Kate SHOULDN'T be smiling at each other....after all, he is her father-in-law!! Cheerio!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete