Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lately

Last Friday morning Kevin left for his 1st week out to sea. He comes back on the 21st, will be here for Easter, then goes back out to sea the Monday after Easter, until May 13th. So far I haven't heard from Kevin since he left, but I'm doing good. I know that his ship is doing tests and getting ready for their deployment in August, so I know Kevin's schedule will be crazy these next few months, but that's the military, they don't have a set schedule.

Later Friday morning, I headed to Savannah, GA to visit my friend Adrienne. For those of you who were
at our wedding, Adrienne sang the solo.  This was my 1st time to Savannah and I loved it!!!!
 The beautiful square outside of Adrienne's dorm



Saturday we went to the beach, and well it was windy.
Do you see our beach towels?

Here we are!!!

Adrienne's Church


Her Church is kinda famous. So you know the movie, Forrest Gump? Well in the opening scene, when the feather is floating, there's a church steeple, well guess what?! It's Adrienne's church's steeple!!! Also Woodrow Wilson was married at this church!! Pretty cool, huh? Well at least I think so!!

When I came home today, Buddy greeted me at the door and started meowing like crazy. I think what his meow's were really saying were,"Where have you been?"  He's been following me around all evening, and is enjoying all the attention. I indeed missed Buddy too. Luckily our place was not torn apart.  :) 


My friend Emily, who I've been friends with since we were 2 years old, got married the same month and year that Kevin and I did. Her husband is in the U.S. Army and has been in Afghan-land for 1 year, and is coming home TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED for them!!!!!!!!!!

Emily & Seth on their wedding day

3 comments:

  1. Christine- I love reading your blog! It sounds like you are doing well. It must be so hard to be a military wife. I have a few friends who are military wives/fiance's and it is very hard for them. It take a special person to go through all that.

    I'm glad you finally got your Cosmo License. Have you been working?

    Good luck with everything you have coming up.
    Be sure to keep up with my blog. www.blogspot.raisingleahy.com You have to be invited to read it, but I *think* you already are? Let me know if you need an invite :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a really good attitude about your hubby going out to sea :) Good thing you have Buddy to keep you company. Savannah looks gorgeous!!

    And welcome home Seth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on your fab blog! Thanks for the welcome home to seth! you sure are right about the military not being on a schedule....blehhhh
    but i agree with meg, you have a great attitude about it!!

    ReplyDelete