Friday, March 25, 2011

3/25/2011

This morning I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity Women Build and got to use a table saw to cut blocks of wood, and nail the wood into the top of the porch roof, so when they put up the ceiling, the ceiling pieces will be nailed into the blocks of wood. I didn't take pictures today, so I hope my explanation makes sense.

A few weeks ago I filled out an application for a salon receptionist at a hotel nearby. I was told that there were 9 other applications that had been turned in for the same position. This afternoon, as I was getting ready to call the state board of FL, thinking of what to say to whomever I talked to, so I would speak kind words, I got a phone call. The salon receptionist position has been filled, however they were wondering if I'd like to come in for an interview for a hostess at the restaurant in the hotel. Of course I said yes, so I have an interview on Tuesday!!! That made me really happy and got me in a better mood, before I called the state board of FL. 

So I called the wonderful state board of Florida..................................................................
I bet you can guess what they told me...that they didn't find my letter of certification. The woman I talked to even looked further for it, but still nada. She told me to fax in the certified mail receipt, so they would have it on file and so the people who receive the mail, will know. So I did as instructed, and called back to see if they received my fax, and this other lady told me "Well nothing has been posted, but it should be posted on Monday." I explained that this is the 2nd letter that has been mailed to them, and that the 1st letter was never found, and yet was never mailed back to the state of Delaware. She didn't have anything to say about that. She told me to call back on Monday. At this point I'm ready to drive to Tallahassee and look for this letter of certification myself. That would be considered volunteering, right?

Anywho, I'm still very happy that I have a job interview next week!!! I'm praying all goes well, and that the state board of Florida finds BOTH letters of certification!!!                      

No comments:

Post a Comment