Saturday, March 19, 2011

Volunteering

Friday I volunteered at the houses that Habitat for Humanity are building. Friday I helped dig holes for 3 signs, broke down cardboard boxes, and helped unpack appliances for the houses. I also got to meet some of the future home owners. That felt rewarding, knowing that I helped out with their house. I also got invited to go to one of the house dedications coming up in April. 


2 of the signs I dug holes for

I'm wearing my Habitat for Humanity Women Build shirt


This morning Melissa and I volunteered with the St. John's River Clean-Up @ Riverside Park.
We picked up trash all over the park.



We got a free t-shirt and free food for volunteering!!  :)

Tonight I'm hanging out with the girls from our connection group (sunday school).
We're making pizza for dinner and watching a movie.


Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!!



Continue to Pray for Japan

2 comments:

  1. You will have more T-shirts than you can wear!! Glad to hear you're having fun and working hard.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete