Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend

Saturday afternoon I cooked and took 2 lasagnas. I was taking Kevin dinner, and thought other sailors would like to eat some lasagna too, since the ship food is worse than high school cafeteria food (according to my husband). Well we didn't get any takers, so we left the rest of the lasagna that we took pieces from, and I have the other in the fridge for dinner this week. Oh well....   Kevin also gave me a tour of his ship.

Today we went to Church in the morning then I spent the afternoon getting ready for the Apples of Gold (my Bible Study) Banquet. I really enjoyed the Bible Study a lot! We've only been going to the Church for 3 months now, and these women welcomed me with open arms, which was so comforting, especially since I still am the "newbie" to the area. During the Apples of Gold program, we learned/cooked new recipes (they were new to me anyway), did our Bible Study then we got to eat what we cooked. I'm thankful that I have grown spiritually,  made new friends, and learned new recipes (Kevin is also thankful I learned new recipes too, haha)!!

Pictures from the Apples of Gold Banquet


These are the women who welcomed me or as they often
referred to themselves as "seasoned women" - love them!


Apples of Gold participants - "Appleseeds"




No comments:

Post a Comment